A Derry native, Johnny McDaid first made his name as front man of the multi-national (but short-lived) Vega 4, whose popularity coincided with their dissolution. He recorded this demo shortly after the band announced their break-up and he made it public just before his name went viral again, this time for his work with globally-acclaimed DJ Paul Van Dyk.
What I love about this song, aside from McDaid’s captivating voice (and beautiful accent) is its simplicity, both in sound and in the story told by the lyrics. This song begs to be played on a loop.
(P.S. the guy on the soundcloud player image is NOT Johnny McDaid.)
Latest posts by Natalie Herman (see all)
- “Easy and Slow” by Ronnie Drew – Contributed by Natalie Herman - February 28, 2013
- “Stay There (Everything Changes)” by Johnny McDaid – Contributed by natalie Herman - January 28, 2013
- “A Song That You Never Will Hear” by Keith Mullins. - January 16, 2013
- Duke Special to Perform at the Metropolitan Museum of Art - March 16, 2011
- Jenna Nicholls and Brendan O'Shea featured on ABC show "Boston Med" - June 23, 2010