Cat Dowling has been writing songs for a long-time and has recently come out from the shadows to perform under her own guise. She fronted alphastates for a number of years and has had songs published on International Movies (Europe and USA) as well as hit TV shows (CSI Miami, The Gate, MTV LA) and a release from the makers of Grand Theft Auto alongside The Yeah Yeah Yeah’s and Animal Collective.
Dowling’s voice has always been admired and comparisons to Beth Gibbons (Portishead), Liz Frazer (Cocteau Twins) and Cat Power have regularly followed her.
(Video posted at the bottom of the page)
The Believer is to be released in Ireland on the 22 March 2013.
The Believer, a stripped-down affair of funeral pop, is a collection of beautifully crafted and treasured songs, which will envelop your head without you even noticing. It is an eclectic offering of low-key beats coloured with layers of sonic delights and a voice, both hushed and passionate, that will punch you in the gut.
Dowling is currently completing the signings to an International publishing deal. The reactions to the material from her new album have been extremely promising with her intimate and passionate live performances regularly receiving standing ovations.
This is another artist that I will be watching out for this year. You can hear more songs from Cat on her soundcloud page.
Latest posts by Colin Ahearn (see all)
- “Friends in Time” by The Golden Horde – contributed by Colin Ahearn - March 25, 2013
- ‘Samurai’ by Niall Connolly – contributed by Colin Ahearn - March 22, 2013
- “The Well Runs Dry” by Cat Dowling – Contributed by Colin Ahearn - March 14, 2013
- “Ingrid Bergman” by The Dixons – Contributed by Colin Ahearn - March 5, 2013
- “Bobby D” by Lisa O’ Neill – Contributed by Colin Ahearn - February 13, 2013
Subscribe to the Paddy-Whacked Radio mailing list so you don't miss anything.